South Campus Parking
- Parking lot
- Campus Visitor Parking (weekends / after 4 pm weekdays)
- Campus Visitor Parking
- Campus Handicapped Parking
- University Parking (staff only/deliveries/etc.)
- Campus Valet Parking
Accessible Parking Spaces
- Law School parking lot: 5 spaces
- 1155 parking lot: 8 spaces
Free parking is available on the street and in the lot at 60th and Stony Island. Most University Parking Lots are free to the public after 4:00 pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends. The parking structure at 55th and Ellis Avenue charges a fee 24 hours a day or requires a permit. Please call the Parking Office for more information at (773) 702-8969.
Other parking lots have different rules and regulations. Please contact the University Parking Office at (773) 702-8969 for more information.
Parking rules are strictly enforced. Please observe all signs in parking areas and on the street.
Campus Contruction Alert
South Campus Utility Corridor Project
Location: Along 61st St., from Ellis Ave. to Kenwood Ave.
Duration: June 13–December 31, 2007
Starting Wednesday, June 13, 2007, installation of new underground utility pipes will begin on the north side of 61st St. from the west side of Ellis Ave. to just west of Kenwood Ave.
- Street parking along the north and south side of 61st St. will be eliminated from west of Ellis Ave. to west of Kenwood Ave. for the duration of the project.
- 61st St., from Ellis Ave. to just west of the Kenwood Ave., will be re-striped to divert two way traffic to the south side of 61st St.
- Traffic Barricades will be installed from Ellis Ave. to west of Kenwood Ave. on the north half of 61st St. to create a temporary, accessible walkway to access the westbound CTA bus stop located at the northwest corner of 61st St. and Woodlawn Ave.
- Construction, directional and ADA access signage will be installed as required along 60th St. and 61st St. to redirect pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- There will be heavy construction equipment and truck traffic in the area.
- This work along 61st St. will take approximately 6 months.
Please contact Mr. Roberto Lupano, Project Manager for the Facilities Services, at (773) 834-3919, with questions or concerns.